multiplayer log in procedure

Moderator: Moderator

fastflame
Hostler

multiplayer log in procedure

Post by fastflame »

Have attempted logging into the multiplayer service but get messages that the server is running a different version and tells me I bailedout. What is the complete detailed procedure for getting into a session?
2017-08-10_13h09_24.jpg
2017-08-10_13h09_24.jpg (163.43 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
David
Highball Staff

Re: multiplayer log in procedure

Post by David »

You are doing the connection part right, do you have the latest updates for the A-Line? Or the latest release of run 8 (Version 2 update 2)? Those would both cause you to not connect properly.
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit
fastflame
Hostler

Post by fastflame »

Thought I had the current updates, but ran them again and seems to let me log on now. Having never been involved in multiplayer on-line gaming, (unlike my son and his fiance, who seem to live by it) what are the procedures to get involved after logging on? I have teamspeak 3 installed and seem to successfully log in on that, too, but don't know how to really test everything or get started in the Run 8 activities.
David
Highball Staff

Post by David »

That's no problem, Once you log on to one of our servers it's pretty much just like single player. You can take any train that you like and then start running. Often times there is a dispatcher on who will help you with your routing across the railroad line sometimes this dispatcher is using text other times they use voice though teamspeak. What ever the case may be there are usually people hanging out in teamspeak that you can talk to while running. If you come on to TeamSpeak sometime just poke me (I'm usually around) and I can help you out with anything you may need.
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit