A-Line signal question... or quirk?

General discussion about Highball Run8

Moderator: Moderator

fastflame
Hostler

A-Line signal question... or quirk?

Post by fastflame »

I posed this question on another forum, but let me ask it here, too. Found an interesting quirk in the new A-Line Waycross extension concerning the manually switched loop tying the Jesup Sub to the Nahunta Sub. This is the loop that connects just north of the South Jesup and West Jesup control points and allows a north bound train on one sub to head south on the other sub. While experimenting, I created a short AI ballast train on the Broadhurst siding headed north, with the intent of routing it through the loop and then south into Rice yard. Unfortunately, if the manual switches for the loop are aligned for the loop route, the AI train will not proceed past the northbound signal at MP A550.4. Even when the dispatch screen shows this signal set to RESTRICTING, the signal itself displays a STOP aspect if the manual switch is aligned for the diverging route. Is this the correct signal behavior or is this an issue needing addressed by the programmers?
David
Highball Staff

Re: A-Line signal question... or quirk?

Post by David »

Maybe because it a manual switch the signal automatically thinks of it as a blocked route. I'll look into this a bit more and get back to you.
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit
fastflame
Hostler

Post by fastflame »

Robert wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:23 am Maybe because it a manual switch the signal automatically thinks of it as a blocked route. I'll look into this a bit more and get back to you.
Thanks Robert.
fastflame
Hostler

Post by fastflame »

Robert wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:23 am Maybe because it a manual switch the signal automatically thinks of it as a blocked route. I'll look into this a bit more and get back to you.
That seems to be the case as I tried it at a couple of other control points and even though the signal is set on the DP screen to RESTRICTING, the signal won't give a RESTRICTING aspect if the track ahead has a manual switch set to diverge from the normal alignment. Since I don't recall anyway to give an AI crew specific train orders that would override that, I guess I'll have to take control of my ballast train and run it through the loop and then turn it back over to the AI crew. Bummer.