New member questions

You can place your support questions here, and we will do our best to help you out! If we can't we will find someone who will.

Moderator: Moderator

haeriphos
Trainee

New member questions

Post by haeriphos »

Logged in for the first time and did some trimming and humping in Barstow which seemed to go well. Had a few questions though...

1. I see the hump controller has rehumping lists. Would this be done when the departure track is full, prior to sending the train off to its destination?

2. If a train is ready to go out of the departure yard, what's the process to get it sent out with AI? Do I need to coordinate with DS since I won't be driving it? Or just get it on its way to the departure point specified in the spreadsheet?

3. I saw someone pulling power off the trains in the receiving yard. Do we then reuse the power for outbound trains? Can I spawn power to use on my trains if what I need isn't available in the yard?

4. What are the rules for the consist editor? Can it be used to flip and block trains, or is that frowned upon?

5. If I just want to drive a road train for a bit can I take over an AI intermodal, manifest, etc?

Thanks!
Encrypted
Trainee

Re: New member questions

Post by Encrypted »

for the moving of power in the yard. its part of the ops. all inbound power will get pulled off and run through servicing or into the repair shops. that power will then be moved to the ready tracks and then will be cut in the proper power for the outound trains.
David
Highball Staff

Re: New member questions

Post by David »

1. I see the hump controller has rehumping lists. Would this be done when the departure track is full, prior to sending the train off to its destination?
The other hump configurations are used for blocking local trains, It's generally not praticable as the bowl would have to almost be empty of all other cars for it to work correctly.
2. If a train is ready to go out of the departure yard, what's the process to get it sent out with AI? Do I need to coordinate with DS since I won't be driving it? Or just get it on its way to the departure point specified in the spreadsheet?
Generally you would want to coordiate with the dispatcher and let them know to expect an AI train from whichever location it is going to come out at. If no dispatcher is on you can just line it out.
3. I saw someone pulling power off the trains in the receiving yard. Do we then reuse the power for outbound trains? Can I spawn power to use on my trains if what I need isn't available in the yard?
Power from the receiving yard trains is usually taken to the fuel racks for fuel and sand replenishment. Sometimes the units go to the shop for repairs.
4. What are the rules for the consist editor? Can it be used to flip and block trains, or is that frowned upon?
Generally this is frowned upon.

5. If I just want to drive a road train for a bit can I take over an AI intermodal, manifest, etc?
Sure you can run which ever train you like, there are no restrictions on that. All we ask is when you are finished running and the train is not at it's destination to please AI the train instead of deleting it.

I hope this helps.
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit