Disappearing files

Discussion of Run 8 Version 2 and unofficial Run 8 Support

Moderator: Moderator

fastflame
Hostler

Disappearing files

Post by fastflame »

My shortcut to R8 disappeared from my desktop and all my files seem to have been moved to a system.sav folder and all the exe files appear to have been uninstalled. Haven't been in R8 for about a month because of work priorities but suddenly found this situation today. A nightmare. Anyone else run across this????????? Is Windows 10 doing crazy things again? When I first got my new desktop about four years ago with 10 on it, it did something like this on the first major automatic update. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
fastflame
Hostler

Re: Disappearing files

Post by fastflame »

After copying the system.sav files to another backup folder, my Run8Studios folder came back. Everything seems to be there now and working. I did have to recreate my shortcut on my desktop. Keeping my fingers crsossed.
David
Highball Staff

Re: Disappearing files

Post by David »

It might be caused by windows putting programs that you don't use into another location to save disk space.
This might help explain it https://superuser.com/questions/1295006 ... his-folder
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit