industry tags

Information railroad operations on our server.

Moderator: Moderator

fastflame
Hostler

industry tags

Post by fastflame »

A quick but perhaps dumb question. In the rail yards (e.g. Barstow), do cars with local train symbols and industry tags indicate these cars are headed for that industry, or returning from that industry? Is there a master list indicating which industries receive empties vs loaded cars?
David
Highball Staff

Re: industry tags

Post by David »

fastflame wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:31 am A quick but perhaps dumb question. In the rail yards (e.g. Barstow), do cars with local train symbols and industry tags indicate these cars are headed for that industry, or returning from that industry?
There are no dumb questions, to address your question the cars tagged for industries are to be sent to their respective industry. For example
L-CAL0611 BOR would go to on the Boron Local (L-CAL0611) and be set out at the Boron (BOR) industry. Cars coming from those industries are automatically tagged usually for cities like KCK, PAS, BAK, etc.
fastflame wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:31 amIs there a master list indicating which industries receive empties vs loaded cars?
There is not at this time, but it will be included in the OPS guide that I am working on. Part of the OPS guide that's been completed can be found Here Please keep in mind this is a work in progress. In the mean time you can open up the industry config by pressing Left Ctrl + L
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit
fastflame
Hostler

Post by fastflame »

Great info. Thanks David.
transnamib
Trainee

Post by transnamib »

Hi, on the topic of Industry Tags.
L contr I is disabled in multiplayer. So I cannot see which tracks are marked as industry tracks and which length is marked. Also which cars go to which track. Like at BORAX siding. There are 7 tracks and a aux track. When you set out the cars, can you any on any track and if not, where can one find info regarding this?
Thanks
Martin Nel (TRANSNAMIB)
Bloemfontein
South-Africa
David
Highball Staff

Post by David »

R-Ctrl F8 should show your industry track locations. The cars can go on anytrack that the industy is assigned to serve. Although if there are assets that look like they might recieve that kind of car then you can spot the car at that location. For example you wouldn't put a tank car under a over a coal loader.
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit