HELLO FROM EVERETT, WA HELP WITH TMU

This is where you will find all the information about getting up and running with us!

Moderator: Moderator

HELLO FROM EVERETT, WA HELP WITH TMU

Post by Guest »

Hi guys, new to Run 8 have been flying A2A Aircraft flying with the 91st Bombardment Group re-enacting bombing missions for the last few years and picked up Run 8 back in 2013 and getting familiar with the software. I have the program updated to December 2015, using the TMU I created a train using Bakersfield Extra Board, made the train up, spawned train, no problem. Could someone instruct me on how to save a train, tried both save to current and I believe save to world. Having trouble finding train anywhere, except the world save line items. I would like to create a train and train with that train before jumping in the server and screwing everybody up. Look forward to running with you soon. Scott
David
Highball Staff

Re: HELLO FROM EVERETT, WA HELP WITH TMU

Post by David »

Hello Scott, first off welcome to Highball; we are glad to have you on board! I am a fellow flight simulator pilot myself.

In order to save the train please refer to the steps below:
  • You have to make it up in the TMU.
  • Once it is made up you have to spawn it on the track that you want.
  • Once it's spawned you have to click on the lead locomotive to take possession of it.
  • When you have possession open the F1 menu and click the spawn tab.
  • There you will select the current route that you are in the tabs. If your train spawned in on the BNSF/UP Mojave Sub route select BNSF Mojave Sub
  • After that is done click "save your train".
  • You should now be able to spawn the train in the future.
Just to clarify the world save function is designed to save all the trains and cuts of cars etc in the world across all the currently loaded routes. eg Highball West Coast - (Mojave, Needles, Cajon, Barstow/Yermo). I hope this helps!
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit