Train simulator V2

General discussion about Highball Run8

Moderator: Moderator

BNSF2010
Trainee

Train simulator V2

Post by BNSF2010 »

how do you get Train simulator V2, i already have the first run 8 train simulator, and how do you do multiplayer with other people that is online
David
Highball Staff

Re: Train simulator V2

Post by David »

In order to get Run8 Version 2 you have to purchase it. You can go to the Run8 Studios website to do so http://www.run8studios.com/. Getting online is rather simple you just press F2 to bring up the multiplayer menu and enter in the connection information such as IP and Port. You can view that on the server connection info thread on this forum.
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit
U20C*
Trainee

Train simulator V2

Post by U20C* »

Hello team !!

My Run8 V2 was totally deleted by an antivirus that I used (Avast).
I'm re-installing and ask for the tutorial or forum where I find the guidelines to import all add-ons, trains and routes of the V1, to be able to buy and install new routes and wagons, locomotives, etc.
Thank you very much for your attention and I await your brief reply.
Greetings,
João Sergio
David
Highball Staff

Re: Train simulator V2

Post by David »

Installing the routes and addons is simple, just run the installer when it asks you where you want to install it point it to your Run8 V2 directory. Default is C:\Run8Studios\Run8 Train Simulator V2. Open the sim and load into a route, preferably Barstow. The sim will recognize that you have V1 content installed and start the conversion process. It's recommended that you restart the sim after this process.

V2 Content
Simply just install as you would normally would they are set up for V2 already
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit