Greetings from Brantford Canada

This is where you will find all the information about getting up and running with us!

Moderator: Moderator

Paulinski
Carman

Greetings from Brantford Canada

Post by Paulinski »

Hi Everyone

I'm Paul from southern Ontario in Canada. I recently got Run8 and all SoCal routes and most of rolling stock packs.

Never played multiplayer however I'm itching to do so, I downloaded the extraboard spawn, when I open it in the sim there is nothing loaded (blank screen) so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

Installed team speak as well when I log in I get the following message "" insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_join_power)""

Another thing is when I click on the sticky thread it does not load "page cannot be displayed error"

Apologies for experiencing the issues above blame it on my inexperience.

Cheers

Paul
David
Highball Staff

Re: Greetings from Brantford Canada

Post by David »

Welcome aboard Paul!

The "Server Man" extra board spawn will not have any trains in it, as it is essentially just a way to spawn into the world. It is set up to spawn in an unpopulated part of the world to cut down on lag from the server rendering all the cars on the network when people join initially.

Thanks for bringing that error to our attention regarding the sticky link. That should be fixed now.

We have also fixed your TS permission error

Please let us know if you have any more questions!
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit
Paulinski
Carman

Re: Greetings from Brantford Canada

Post by Paulinski »

Hi David.

Thank you for the explanation on fixing the Teamspeak it's much appreciated.

Paul