Handling of TriCor - Paramount shuttle service

Information railroad operations on our server.

Moderator: Moderator

Swiss3400
Carman

Handling of TriCor - Paramount shuttle service

Post by Swiss3400 »

Hello

I'd like to know how the tank cars between Mojave POC industry and Bakersfield TRI industry are (or should be) routed close to real life. I did some research on the web, but have not even been able to verify even the existence of such a service in real life - so my question may be unneccessary at all.

I am asking because cars finished unloading at POC get the tag BAK TRI, which is Bakersfield BNSF yard. The local LS910J which serves TRI seems also to start at BAK, so I assume the empties go from Mojave to BAK and from there by local to TRI, then back to BAK. But which they are sent back to Mojave?
Also read some information about a exchange service between BAK and BK, how do they work or which tags get exchanged?

BNSF does not serve Mojave, so either an UP service gets them there or they go over BAR to WC and then to MJ.
Also would like to know if this cars are sent in an unit train or get attached to Manifest service.

Thanks for any information on this!

Cheers

Thorsten
David
Highball Staff

Re: Handling of TriCor - Paramount shuttle service

Post by David »

I am asking because cars finished unloading at POC get the tag BAK TRI, which is Bakersfield BNSF yard. The local LS910J which serves TRI seems also to start at BAK, so I assume the empties go from Mojave to BAK and from there by local to TRI, then back to BAK. But which they are sent back to Mojave?
Also read some information about a exchange service between BAK and BK, how do they work or which tags get exchanged?

BNSF does not serve Mojave, so either an UP service gets them there or they go over BAR to WC and then to MJ.
Also would like to know if this cars are sent in an unit train or get attached to Manifest service.
This is a bit of a different operation this train moves a UP unit train from Mojave to Bakersfield where the LS910J, which is a SJVR (San Jaquine Valley Railroad) Job takes the cars from Bakersfield and spots them at Tricor. It's a remnant of the SP days so that is probably why It's hard to find info on.

As for the interchange with BNSF and UP, those are mostly cars for the local service that goes out of the BNSF and UP yards in Bakersfield. UP has 4 industries on the Edison Local (YBK50R) and BNSF (Y-BAK0207)[Highball does not have this symbol at the moment] has the rest. So if there are cars for the either UP or BNSF they will interchange them. Highball only has the UP running that local at the moment so there should not be much interchange if any.
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit