Introductions anyone?

This is where you will find all the information about getting up and running with us!

Moderator: Moderator

David
Highball Staff

Introductions anyone?

Post by David »

In an effort to get to know the members of our community post a few lines about yourself below. :)
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit
David
Highball Staff

Re: Introductions anyone?

Post by David »

Hi Everyone I'm Robert, one of the staff members here at Highball! I am a railroad enthusiast. I am also an Instrument Rated Private pilot working towards getting my commercial pilot's certificate. I reside in the San Francisco Bay area in Northern California. I enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, canoeing, and of course rail fanning. I've been using Run 8 from day 1 (I literately bought it within hours of it being released). I have over 8 years of experience in simulator based communities both in train simulator and flight simulator environments. That being said I'm very excited to be here as a staff member and look forward to running with all of you and assisting you with anything you may need.
David
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit
amtrack505
Trainee

Post by amtrack505 »

Hello people of the interwebs, my name is Soren, one of the founders of the Highball Run8 Server. Ive been with railroad simulators ever since Trainz 2006, Ive been with Run8 the night it released. I know my way around a server, and as a Trainee Police officer I know what is fair and what needs to be dealt with. I have been with the Railworks community for 8 years and with the Trainz community for 2 years. I Live along the Mojave Subdivision, so I know my way around the route like the back of my hand. I would like to see this new community grow, and with friendly and fair admins and mods, I see that being a reality.
dlr11164
Trainee

Post by dlr11164 »

Hello, just getting started here. Have been on DAMS before but got sick of the drama over there within a few days of starting. Robert, you and I have something in common, I too am a private pilot with an instrument rating but also am an aircraft dispatcher.
RollByLooksGood
Trainee

Post by RollByLooksGood »

Hi everyone my name is Brad, and I am a full blown rail "foamer" starting at the age of 2 back in 1962 according to my mom. I got into train simulation back in the early 90s with a program called RailSim U.S.A. I developed the ATSF Cajon Sub for that program and it was very popular back then and even though the program was 2D with 8bit graphics it was the BOMB back in those days. Lol. I started 3dTrainStuff in 2000 and Run8Studios in 2009, I have been a designer of content for TrainMaster 4.5, Microsoft Train Simulator, Rail Simulator (Railworks, Train Simulator) and of course Run 8 Train Simulator.

In my spare time I like to railfan, surf, sport fish, bike, hike, and hang out with family and friends.

It is nice to see another community form around Run 8 and I wish you guys and gals all the best and I look forward to jumping in a session with you.
Brad

RollByLooksGood in multiplayer

Good stinkin nite, now where did I put that crystal ball 8-)

www.Run8Studios.com
Owner / Lead Project Mgr

Specs: Alienware18 Laptop - Intel Core i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz 2.50 GHz - 8.00 GB RAM - Two GeForce GTX 860M Graphics Cards - 4096 MB Graphics Memory - Aircraft Seat Belt Included ;)
JamesLit
Trainee

Post by JamesLit »

Hi all, I guess I'm probably the first Brit here, so hi from across the pond.

Late teens, married, and been playing with train sims since I was in single figures. I did all kinds of tinkering with Trainz including a few experimental bits of my own content, just trying to learn how to do stuff. I migrated to RS when that came out and have been tinkering with TS since RailWorks first came out. First it was some sound mods and now I've gone all the way to development of my own content, largely locos and rolling stock.

I work closely with Digital Traction, and do work with Steam Sounds Supreme and have just partnered up with Just Trains for a great new venture producing realistic locos and stock from across the globe.

I started with Run 8 a bit late compared to the rest of you guys, and although I own the whole lot of content out there with the exception of one or two packs like Selkirk and the latest SD40 pack for example, the only reason I've not really kept going with that is because it depends so heavily on a reliable and passionate community of people to play it. I ran my own server as part of a web community I have administrated for the past four years, along with a couple of other guys, but it wasn't used regularly enough to justify carrying on. So with all the politics rife within most communities out there (not that I mean to tar ALL places with the same brush), I was a bit of a lost soul, but I found this place and am really hoping that some good stuff will come out of this place. It looks like you guys are on the right track (har har) for that right now, which is great.

I don't have a humongous amount of knowledge about American operations etc but have driven in Run 8 for years and have a lot of experience with the basics, running and such, but it'll take some getting used to doing it properly and realistically. I quite enjoy it all though, I run the desert routes as well as the A-Line.

I'll see you guys tomorrow at the opening! :)
railventure
Trainee

Post by railventure »

Hi an Aussie here,

Thought i would check out your new server and hope it is a success, been in the railways in Australia for 30 years, 18 years driving freight trains the rest on suburban passenger trains, as the guys in the movie Fury said "best job i ever had".

Been fooling around with computer train games since Microsoft train simulator and Trainz community edition first started. I also have used BVE, Yard Duty,Railworks, FYM, Simsig, TD1,2and 3 and a string of others that i have now forgotten.

Only had Run 8 a short time but i am very impressed with what have seen. :)

railventure
David
Highball Staff

Post by David »

To those of you who have recently posted welcome aboard! The Highball staff and I look forward to seeing you on our server, if you haven't already stopped by. If you have any questions feel free to ask we will be happy to help.
David
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Pilot4380
Trainee

Post by Pilot4380 »

Hello everyone,
My name is Brian and I'm new to multiplayer train simulation.
I have used MSTS as well as Train Simulator in the past and now own Run8.
I am a Professional Towboat Pilot by trade and since there are no real towing simulations to use I gravitate to anything in the transportation industry as far as simulation. I would consider myself an amateur at operating a Train. " I do not know anything about proper radio calls and not much about signals. I am always interested in real world operations that is why I love simulators.. I used to fly regularly on the flight simulator servers with ATC so I do have some experience with Team Speak although not for awhile...
If anyone can help with ether online sessions or point me in a good direction for learning the proper calls of the radio and operations I would be eager to learn and participate in online session, Hey I can start the thing and move and brake , need to learn how to fence my DPU's and the more intricate stuff,

Regards,
Brian
Magnetom
Trainee

Post by Magnetom »

Hello, i just arrived here today. I'm Branden, i'm from Mississippi. I have been playing Run 8 since November of 2013 and was originally playing on DAMS until playing only singleplayer for a year or two. Now i'm back and ready to get back into Multiplayer and look forward to running with you guys,.