Introductions anyone?

This is where you will find all the information about getting up and running with us!

Moderator: Moderator

David
Highball Staff

Re: Introductions anyone?

Post by David »

Welcome to the group Magnetom! We look forward to seeing you on the high irons!
David
Highball Run8 Staff Member
Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit
Madboy
Trainee

Post by Madboy »

My Introduction
Hello there my name is Madboy (Adrian)
i am 21 years old and i am from the United Kingdom and have ADHD, i have been looking for a friendly and a busy community who are very welcoming and i came across this and thought i should give it a go.
I have been playing Run 8 for about 2 years now and have enjoyed playing on privately hosted servers, i will admit i am sometimes worried about joining servers as i am quite a shy person to start with and i find it very hard to communicate with people and i also have trouble understanding what people say to me. but do not let that put you off i enjoy working as a team/crew and enjoy driving trains i use a Raildriver so i can get things done quite quickly i hope to be able to join the server soon and start making friends.
That is all if you have any questions feel free to ask :)
U20C*
Trainee

Post by U20C* »

My name is João Sergio, I'm from Brazil, I work in the Human Resources area of a company and I've always been attracted by railways and trains. He liked to simulate mock-ups when virtual simulators began to emerge. I identified with Trainz Simulator and until today is the simulator / game that I like most because it gives me the possibility of replacing the paintings by the colors of the Brazilian railroads besides being able to reproduce the railways here, however, since I met Run8 I was very Enthusiastic and somewhat fanatical due to the reality of simulation that it provides, is a real simulator and when I am in activity I forget the hours passing ...
Although I'm Brazilian and far from you, I want to make new friends and share fun, knowledge and learning with all members, and, of course, participate in multiplayer sessions.
Greetings everyone!

U20C*(João Sergio)
KevinK
Trainee

Post by KevinK »

I'm Kevin, and I've recently returned to the Run8 world after a hiatus of about 2 years. I usually run on the RTS servers, but recently started to branch out and see what else is out there. So far I like what I see with Highball. Started trainsimming with MSTS when it first came out in 2001 and stuck with it until OpenRails came along. Tried Trainz but couldn't get into it for whatever reason like I did with MSTS. Still use OR a bit, and am getting reacquainted with Run8.

While I have a "real" job in shipping and logistics work for an industrial supply company, I have been volunteering on tourist railroads since I was 19. Spent 17 years on the Black River & Western (10 years as a qualified Engineer 15 as a qualified Conductor and Brakeman) and even got some throttle time on their steam locomotive (ALCO 2-8-0 #60) and am currently with the West Chester Railroad in West Chester, PA (qualified Conductor and Engineer there). WCRR runs a good variety of power - we have a GP38, GP9, two C424s (great machines, BTW) and an RS18.

I recently picked up the Selkirk and Mohawk routes for Run8 and am looking forward to exploring them a bit...
Cappen Boidseye
Carman

Post by Cappen Boidseye »

Hi,
I am Phil Wood, living in the UK in Western Central Scotland. I work for the Government which means I can't describe what I actually do. I have been a train sim fan every since MSTS and have been a user of Railworks, Trainz for a while, then when I discovered it I bought Run8 V1. Currently I like both Run8 for it's long runs, realistic braking and open sandbox style environment, and TS2017 for its European stuff as well as steam and electric stock, some of which is of a very high standard.
Last weekend I looked at the videos for the new Dovetail offering and didn't like what I saw, one rout, eye candy and far too gamey, flashing up some sort of bonus every time a button was clicked, not for me! and too much for my pc. So after looking at a lot of youtube footage it was an easy choice, Run8V2 has kept me awake far too late on too many nights this week! Now I want to start using it properly and need to learn a lot, what all the codes for the consists mean (Start-destination maybe?), I want to find out how to get all multiplayery and on-liney so that I don't constantly need to be my own dispatcher and I want to feel I am actually part of an environment rather than aimlessly trundling the longest train I can find!
I can see timezones being a bit problematic but I am determined to get properly on-line, once someone can tell me how!
Oh, so far I have the Barstow routes, Needles, Cajon etc. That'll do till I get properly organised.
Right, I'm off to search the forum for instructions on the multiplayer side of things.
David
Highball Staff

Post by David »

Welcome aboard Phil! I'm glad you found your way to our community. With that being said please let us know if you need any assistance with getting on to multiplayer or anything else for that matter; we are always here to help.
David
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700K Coffee Lake 3.6 Ghz| Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 64 Bit
Cappen Boidseye
Carman

No luck so far I'm afraid, I have connected to the Teamspeak server and on the network page have typed in us1.highballrun8.com:15197, A big empty world surrounds me, what else do I do? the join session button doesn't do anything, if there are passwords or IP addresses I don't know them.

A bit frustrating.
LelandFletcher
Trainee

Post by LelandFletcher »

Hi all,

I've been a life long train enthusiast. My dad took us to watch B&O trains at Baltimore Ave. in Cumberland, MD and Western Maryland at Hoffstetters curve. The Big 6s (2-8-8-0) were the first steam engines that really impressed me. The 2-10-2s were big, but looked small next to them. The 100+ car coal trains had 6 engines with a crew in each. They had to coordinate the starts. It was really something to see.

The crossing at Baltimore Ave. (17 tracks) was protected by a flagman who came out of his shanty with a red flag in the daytime and a lantern at night. No crossing gate, bells or any automatic warning.

Love Run8.

Leland Fletcher
David
Highball Staff

Post by David »

Cappen Boidseye wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:07 am No luck so far I'm afraid, I have connected to the Teamspeak server and on the network page have typed in us1.highballrun8.com:15197, A big empty world surrounds me, what else do I do? the join session button doesn't do anything, if there are passwords or IP addresses I don't know them.

A bit frustrating.
There should not be an empty world this is what my network list looks like
mplist.png
mplist.png (96.07 KiB) Viewed 6763 times
Once you connect you can take any train and run it.
David
Train Enthusiast

Computer Specs:
Cappen Boidseye
Carman

Will give it a go, I typed the server into the Left column, to me an IP address is something like 255.138.100.001. Thanks for the photo, it should get me started.