Data on SoCal locals

Discussion of Run 8 Version 2 and unofficial Run 8 Support

Moderator: Moderator

fastflame
Hostler

Data on SoCal locals

Post by fastflame »

As one who is easily confused, I put together a list of the SoCal locals as best I could find based on car tag info. I have no doubt it is incomplete and may have errors and omissions, but it is giving me insight. Anyone is welcome to it and if you see needed changes, please let me know so I can make the corrections on my original.

I also have some excel files including one summarizing industry tags alphabetically including map locations. I also have one on UP and BNSF train data as best I have found. Anyone interested, I can provided those, too. I haven't added a column in the industry tag file yet to include the local handling that industry, but it is a project on my radar.

Thanks

Derrick Tjernlund (fastflame)
Airdale
Carman

Re: Data on SoCal locals

Post by Airdale »

I'm interested in your work. The Excel files on industry tags and locations would be helpful when breaking down consists and building locals.

Can you upload them here or give a link?
fastflame
Hostler

Post by fastflame »

Looks like the forum doesn't support the exel file format, but my email is fastflame@comcast.net and I can forward them by email to anyone who wants to try and use them. Again, these files are living documents and haven't been verified by anyone.
infernal
Trainee

Post by infernal »

If you open the menu via RIGHT CTRL L then it will give you the industry configurations.

In the industry cars tab, from the drop down menu, select a Local symbol, this will tell you whats available for collection and the weight, this is good so you know what power you will need to do all the pick ups and make it back to the yard.

In the industry configuration tab, select the local freight symbol to sort by local and you can see what industry are for each local, use the transport button to be taken to that yard.

If you are running a local, hit LEFT CTRL L and it will show you what is on your train and where to drop it off, and what needs to be picked up.

These two menus will also tell you what the CAR TAG is for.